Houseboat holiday experience
A Murray River Houseboat Holiday is one of the very BEST ways to enjoy our iconic river!
Be the Captain of your own floating accommodation and wake to the sounds of water gently lapping on the bank.
Marvel at the unique chorus of the kookaburras, or be mesmerised by the pelicans gliding by.
Cruise and discover another world and enjoy all the Murray River has to offer.
There is nothing better than a houseboat holiday where you simply sit back, relax and enjoy the scenery...
However, if you are after a few ideas, try these!
- First thing to do is set your watch to rivertime..where relaxation, morning and afternoon tea and sunset drinks are the only times you need to know!
- Check out the local wildlife and plants - use the binoculars on board and the bird book to reconnect with nature and discover many of the beautiful species of birds in our area. You may be lucky to sight a rare Regent Parrot or kangaroo's hopping by.
- Throw the shrimp net overboard and see what you can catch!
- Get your camera out - there are so many amazing things to photograph, including the most amazing sunrises and sunsets. Remember the best camera is the one you have with you - even if it is your phone!
- If it is winter, gather some kindling and have a small fire on the banks of the Murray - nothing beats the romance of watching the dancing flames.
- Hire one of our double kayaks and explore the many backwaters and tranquil lagoons on our part for the Murray.
- Bring your fishing rod along (or we can hire you one) and cast a line into the water off the back deck.
- Cook up a storm in the kitchen or on the BBQ and enjoy your own special dinner parties.
- Cruise into Morgan and discover the historic river front precinct, check out the museum or have a meal at a great old country pub.
- Travel to Caudo Vineyard and enjoy a brew or wine on the river. Just moor the houseboat and wander across to the cellar door where the Sangria is also a hit.
- Marvel at the majestic cliffs and tranquil lagoons.
- Think about the days gone by and the paddle wheelers that travelled this river.
- Pop a DVD on and have a movie afternoon or night.
- Get out a pack of cards and play a game from your childhood memories.
- Jump in the spa on board Daydreamer and soak up the atmosphere.
- Read or just rest and recharge - there really is nothing more relaxing than stretching out on a sun lounge and watching the world drift slowly by...