Houseboat Booking Info & Hire Periods
A weekend hire commences 3.00pm Friday and concludes 10.00am Monday.
A mid week hire commences 3.00pm Monday and concludes 10.00am Friday.
A long weekend hire normally commences 3.00pm Friday and concludes 10.00am Tuesday.
A week hire can commence either 3.00pm Monday or Friday and conclude the following week at 10.00am.
There is a minimum 3 night hire period charge.
Christmas and New Year are only available for 7 night hire periods
Other holiday times (e.g. 5,6,8,9 and a maximum of 10 night hire periods) may be available by arrangement. Please note additional charges may be incurred.
Deposits and Bonds: May be higher for hires over 7 days and during peak holiday times.
FUEL is not included in your hire fee and is an additional cost.
Please note that 3.00pm is your normal boarding time, and you will then receive an induction lesson from your instructor as soon as possible once you are unloaded. One of the best things about a houseboat holiday is that as soon as you jump on board and are surrounded by water, that holiday feeling takes over!
Houseboat Booking Conditions
Please take the time to read the following terms and conditions for a houseboat booking from Griffens Marina Houseboats at Blanchetown. Please contact us with any questions you may have about houseboating in Australia.
- The Hirer and/or person driving the houseboat must be over the age of 21 and hold either a full current drivers licence or a boat operators licence.
- The Hirer personally accepts full responsibility for the care and safety of the houseboat (which term includes all its fittings, equipment and accessories) and also accepts full responsibility for the actions of all persons on board during the period of hire.
- The Hirer will comply with all directions by the Owner concerning operation of the houseboat and its accessories, and will comply with the River Murray and Inland Waters Navigation Regulations and all other relevant navigation rules, regulations or by-laws.
- The number of persons on board the houseboat must not exceed the number of berths as shown on the survey certificates.
- The deposit is payable within 7 days of booking, the balance of hire charge is payable 4 - 8 weeks prior to departure ( depending on season)
- A cash security and fuel bond (or credit card details) is payable upon boarding the houseboat.
- Costs of fuel and any damage or losses incurred will be deducted from the security bond. In the event of charges being greater than the bond, all additional charges must be paid.
- No extra fuel is to be carried or decanted on board the houseboat. If you are bringing a dinghy or pleasure craft, any additional fuel must be stored in your own vessel.
- No firearms, candles, motorbikes, chainsaws or axes are permitted on board.
- INSURANCE EXCESS of $1000.00 applies provided the conditions of the agreement are fulfilled and subject to the insurance company's assessment, the limit of the hirers liability is the insurance excess. If more than one accident occurs during any hire period each individual accident will be treated as a separate claim and the excess will be applied to each individual claim.
- In the event of cancellation the standard Houseboat Hirers Association cancellation policy will apply.
- Houseboat proprietors reserve the right to refuse permission to board at their discretion.
- Rates and on board features may be subject to change, please confirm when booking.
Cancellations notified more than 90 days prior to departure will be entitled to a full refund of money paid less $100.00 cancellation fee.
Cancellations notified less than 90 days and more than 45 days prior to departure will forfeit all money paid unless the houseboat can be re-booked for its full hire fee, in which case, all money paid will be refunded less $150.00 cancellation fee.
Cancellations notified less than 45 days prior to departure will forfeit all money paid unless the houseboat can be re-booked for its full hire fee, in which case, all money paid will be refunded less $200.00 cancellation fee.
*** Please note: if your hire has to be postponed due to COVID-19, we can re-schedule your holiday to a later date, or hold any monies received in credit for use when suitable for you ( valid for 2 years). Please enquire about these changes, and any other requests you may have, when booking.***
Please note: Travel Insurance is recommended to cover any unforeseen circumstances or losses.
Code of Conduct for Houseboat Users
In conjunction with the instructions you will receive, we ask that you please consider the following points whilst on your holiday. These will ensure that you return safely and the environment will still be there for you, and others, to enjoy in the future.
- Be aware of yours and other boat user’s rights, obligations, responsibilities, and show courtesy to other river users at all times.
- Take pride in handling your boat. Do not exceed 4 knots within 30 metres of any moored vessel, jetties, ramps or swimmers. This rule is for your protection too. Keep a watch at all times.
- Be aware of speed limits in restricted areas and stick within them. Watch your wake and its effect on other river users.
- Respect the privacy of property owners by being aware of land ownership and where you can and cannot moor a houseboat.
- Be aware that noise levels travel much further on the river. Please respect other river users and residents by keeping all noise levels to a minimum, especially at night times.
- Do not cut down trees and shrubs or gather dead wood, it is an important part of the natural ecology.
- Use environmentally friendly products, i.e. phosphate free biodegradable detergents and soaps.
- Be aware of your responsibilities regarding the handling of all waste, in particular, rubbish disposal.DONOT leave any rubbish on the riverbank.
- If you have had a small campfire ( only permitted during non fire ban season) ensure it is out before going to bed and/or leaving your mooring.
- When refuelling ski boats, ensure it is carried out safely to prevent accidents and spillage.