Houseboat Booking Info & Hire Periods
A weekend hire commences 3.00pm Friday and concludes 10.00am Monday.
A mid week hire commences 3.00pm Monday and concludes 10.00am Friday.
A long weekend hire normally commences 3.00pm Friday and concludes 10.00am Tuesday.
A week hire can commence either 3.00pm Monday or Friday and conclude the following week at 10.00am.
There is a minimum 3 night hire period. Christmas and New Year are only available for 7 night hire periods
Other holiday times (e.g. 5, 6 or 10 day hires) may be available by arrangement. Please note additional charges may be incurred.
Bonds: Bonds may be higher for hires over 7 days
FUEL is not included in your hire fee and is an additional cost.
Houseboat Booking Conditions
Please take the time to read the following terms and conditions for a houseboat booking from Griffens Marina Houseboats at Blanchetown. Please contact us with any questions you may have about houseboating in Australia.
- Drivers must hold a Full Drivers Licence or Boat Licence and be over 21 years of age. All maritime regulations must be abided by.
- The deposit is payable within 7 days of booking, the balance of hire charge is payable 4 -6 weeks prior to departure.
- A cash security and fuel bond (or credit card details) is payable upon boarding the houseboat.
- The number of persons onboard must not exceed the number shown on the Survey Certificates displayed on each houseboat.
- No firearms, candles, motorbikes, chainsaws or axes are permitted on board.
- Costs of fuel and any damage or losses incurred will be deducted from the security bond. In the event of charges being greater than the bond, all additional charges must be paid.
- In the event of cancellation the standard Houseboat Hirers Association cancellation policy will apply.
- Rates and on board features may be subject to change, please confirm when booking.
Cancellations notified more than 90 days prior to departure will be entitled to a full refund of money paid less $100.00 cancellation fee.
Cancellations notified less than 90 days and more than 45 days prior to departure will forfeit all money paid unless the houseboat can be re-booked for its full hire fee, in which case, all money paid will be refunded less $150.00 cancellation fee.
Cancellations notified less than 45 days prior to departure will forfeit all money paid unless the houseboat can be re-booked for its full hire fee, in which case, all money paid will be refunded less $200.00 cancellation fee.
Please note: Travel Insurance is recommended to cover any unforseen cicumstances or losses.